Construction & Transport Department
23E54E5C-DB82-415C-9B07-D2A9FAE3CA7F.png
Office of the Speaker
Info:

Application Format:
- Username:
(Clerk/Press Assistant Draftsman)
-Are you able to voice chat?
- What skills can you bring to the position?
-How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Speaker?
- Why are you the best applicant for this role?:
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?:
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team?
-Can you voice chat over discord?
-How active are you (times/days)?
-Is your level of English high?
- Additional Information:

Last edited:
LightningTitan72
LightningTitan72
- Username: LightningTitan72
-Position you are applying for: Draftsman
- What skills can you bring to the position?: General knowledge of government, creative, knowledge of what the common person wants.
-How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Speaker?: I can help draft documents quickly and do task efficiently for the speaker.
- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: I am mature, hard working, and have a good skillset.
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: Not within the server.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? : Communication is a key I work with all teams to have available to the best extent possible.
-Can you voice chat over discord?: Yes.
-How active are you (times/days)?: I can be active at 3:30 pm throughout the entire week.
-Is your level of English high? It is my main language. I have a higher level than most and if I cannot understand something I will use my resources to understand.
- Additional Information: I have brought plenty of people with me who work as a small community/family on the server. I am willing to work hard to make things best for that community!
Days played: 1 week about hours about 2-3 every day

Vanqsquish

Donator
Justice Department
Public Affairs Department
- Username: Vanquish_ap

-Position you are applying for: Clerk

-Are you able to voice chat? Yes, I’m always available.

- What skills can you bring to the position? Communication, integrity, i’m good with social media’s and hosting/ working with events as i am an Event coordinator!

-How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Speaker? I believe i can improve the office of the speaker by assisting with daily tasks and keeping everything under control for a harder working team.

- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: I feel i am the best applicant for this role as i have experience working with groups of people everyday and can bring plenty of amazing qualities to table. I’m also available whenever i’m needed. I’m good at getting tasks done and keeping a good mindset through everything!

- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: Not much but i’d definitely love to get way more involved with these next coming months. I feel this position can definitely benefit with that as well.

- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yes! I have many roles on the server and irl where i do both communicate and work with a team. Staff, Doj deputy secretary, and Event coordinator are my positions and these all call for well communication amongst my team.
-Can you voice chat over discord? Yes i can!
-How active are you (times/days)? Basically all day every day.
-Is your level of English high? Yup!
- Additional Information: I’d love to work alongside krix and everyone and get a better understanding of politics.Thank you for considering me.

Last edited:

218218Consumer

Citizen
218218Consumer
218218Consumer
- Username: 218218Consumer
-Position you are applying for: Press Assistant
-Are you able to voice chat? Yes.

- What skills can you bring to the position? As a Barrister, I've thoroughly studied the constitution, the entirety of the rules and laws page, and several Acts of Congress while working to further my own legal knowledge. As a result, I've developed a working understanding of the functions of our government, which, as a press assistant, is especially important since it will be my obligation to explain those functions. I'm a capable writer—a key skill in Congressional Transparency Reports—and I'm a capable public speaker in the event that the Office of the Speaker assigns a task related to the voice channel.

-How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Speaker? I understand that open communication is vital to an informed player base. I will act to provide necessary details to players, so long as the release of such details is neither prohibited nor harmful toward the functions of Congress. One addition to the Congressional Transparency Reports I'd like to make would be brief summaries of bills and Representatives' rationales for passing or rejecting them. That way, players can have a better understanding of how legislation will and is intended to affect them. Beyond that, I'm relatively active, and I'm certain the Office would benefit from a staff engaged in the affairs of the server.

- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: While I'm relatively new here, I believe that in addition to my legal background and my active involvement in the server, I've made an effort to foster good relationships with other players. That involvement in the community is vital for any position related to government, and it is vital for facilitating open discussions between Congress and the public. Finally, interest is important: I hold an immense appreciation DC's democratic institutions. Even with occasional delays and deadlocks, this server is beautifully unique in forming a government elected entirely by those it governs, which is the exact reason I joined. Appreciating the views of average players is very rare for a Minecraft server. In DC, everyone has a say in the process if they choose, and to be directly part of that process, to aid the server's democratic leadership in giving players a better experience, to work with the living, breathing manifestation of democratic consensus, DC's Congress, would be an immense honor. I feel that I'm the best applicant because I know what transparency means, and I know what democracy means.

- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: No.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yes. I consider myself to be a sociable person, and I have a strong ability to work and discuss with groups.
-Can you voice chat over discord? Yes.
-How active are you (times/days)? I joined 9 days ago, I have 60 hours, and I've joined 54 times. Barring when I have an immense workload from school, I can spend several hours on the server on a given day, if necessary.
-Is your level of English high? Yes. I'm a fluent speaker, and it's my native language.

- Additional Information: I really appreciate you taking the time to read through my application. I've spent many hours on this server, and I hope to spend many more working for the Office of the Speaker and our server.

Application Format:

- Username:

Intercepticon

20 as of the 18th

-Position you are applying for:

Clerk

-Are you able to voice chat?

I am able

- What skills can you bring to the position? And how do you believe you can improve the Office of the Speaker?

I feel that I can bring several positive traits to the Office of the Speaker

Integrity: I respect my position and the Office which I will represent. I will do my job to the best of my abilities to work for the Office of the Speaker and for the people of DC.

Diplomat: As head of the Debate society as well as chairman of the student board I believe I know how to talk to people. In conflict I always try to find common ground, I feel that everyone has a right to voice their concerns and if they are founded then they should be acted upon. I will try and make sure that we can find a solution both are happy with.

Communication: I think that due to me working with the Speaker of the House for almost 3 years now, we understand each other and can work with each other in a swift and very effective manner

Experience with the forums: I have worked on forums like this for several years now and feel that I have a good portion of knowledge on how to work the site.

- Why are you the best applicant for this role?:

I think through my vast experience and familiarity with the Speaker himself I can work swiftly with him and for him. I hope to bring true meaning to the Office and execute the duties with the commitment and determination I have shown in similar roles. I am new, but I am dedicated to find my way in this server and beyond.

- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?:

I have held several of the highest political positions that can be obtained through election and applying for it on a different server. I’ve been interested in politics for years now and have pursued it in every aspect of my life, both online and personal. I’m the president of the Student body council.

- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team?

I think I’m able to work alongside the team that is picked by the Speaker.

-Can you voice chat over discord?

Yes I am able to

-How active are you (times/days)?

I think about 20 hours roughly on the server a week, but discord and the forums should be a position I can check almost hourly

-Is your level of English high?

Even though I’m not a natural born speaker I do believe my extent of the English language is sufficient.

- Additional Information:

N/A

supersuperking

Citizen
supersuperking
supersuperking
- Username: Supersuperking

-Position you are applying for: Clerk

-Are you able to voice chat? Yes

- What skills can you bring to the position? The skills I bring to this position would be a strong problem-solving ability, communication skills, hard work, and the ability to work well with a team.

-How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Speaker? I can manage tasks well, bring creative solutions to important issues, along with hard work and dedication to a position I truly enjoy.

- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: I know I am the best applicant for this job because I bring a strong prior knowledge of politics in general as I am interested in real-world politics and how they impact our daily lives. Along with server-side politics as I have held government positions in similar servers. Furthermore, I am a hard-working individual who will do anything within my power to complete the tasks assigned to me. I also make a point no matter what position I am in to make sure everyone’s voice is heard. This can be very beneficial to any legislature bodies as gridlock and similar problems normally arise from one party’s voice not being heard and I will work to prevent this with my position, to keep congress running smoothly.

- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: I have not held any political roles on this server. But on similar servers, I have held public office and many government jobs so I have a pretty strong grasp of Minecraft politics.

- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yep, I have a strong ability to work together with others to achieve goals and help everyone accomplish what needs to get done.

-Can you voice chat over discord? Yes

-How active are you (times/days)? I am and can be active throughout most of the day on weekends on weekdays I do have school from 9:15 to 3:55 so I am much less active on the server but I always have access to discord no matter what day.

-Is your level of English high? Yes

- Additional Information: As I hold, a great personal value to honesty I believe touching on my weaknesses is important and not just my strengths. Some of my main weak points are sometimes having a harder time accepting criticism. Along with time management problems as I will put things off sometimes for too long. Although I am currently working on bettering myself in both of these areas.

Hope you liked my application :)
--Super

Krix

Citizen
Speaker of the House
Representative
Construction & Transport Department
Hello! I would like to begin by stating how thankful we are to all those who applied and took the time to get involved with this process we have however made a decision.
I have made my decision along with MilkCrack and it has received support within the House of Representatives on who should be the next staff for the Fourth House of Representatives and the staff are as follows:

Clerk - Interception

Press Assistant - 218218Consumer

Draftsman - LightningTitan72

Congratulations!
To all those who were not accepted this time around keep trying and stay engaged you were all great applicants and we will be hopefully be taking on a Deputy Clerk in the near future and we will becoming back to look at these applicants when that choice is made.

Thanks again,